I've received a number of questions about my newest offering, so I thought I'd write everything up for you!
I wasn't going to open up sign-ups -- or post the full info page -- until October 1st, but everyone seems excited and ready to jump in...well, why not?
Q: Is this an online class or in-person?
I know this was a bit confusing...This is an online class . But! If you live near Mesa, Arizona, you can take it as a series of 2-hour classes at Artspiration Studio starting in November. I didn't want to leave all my lovely online readers out of the fun!
Q: When will this class start? How long will it be?
A: Class will run from Monday, October 21st thru Monday, November 11th, 2013, and I will be available and roaming the forums until mid-November.
Q: Why only three weeks? How much will we learn/how many videos will there be?
A: I learned, through my last e-class offering, that a shorter class is actually more fun! When classes run 6-8 weeks, life tends to get in the way, and we slowly fall behind.
I will post 2-3 videos every week, along with examples and a PDF handout. My videos are professionally produced, in top-notch HD. They will run 10-15 minutes each, so you can easily watch one before work/school/the day, or whenever you have a moment to sit down and get some inspiration. I run two cameras, so you can see directly onto my workspace, as well as see me as I explain a product, technique, or cheerlead for you as you go on this adventure!
Q: How long will we have access to the class?
A: You will have access for 2 years. You are also welcome to download the videos directly to your computer!
Q: What supplies will I need for this class?
A: You will need:
- A Gelli Arts Gel Plate OR home-made gelatin plate (you can easily find tutorials on YouTube or Google!)
- Acrylic Paint (craft paints work best, especially Martha Stewart brand) in at least yellow, blue, red, white, & black
- Watercolor paper (any kind will do; hot press is best but can be costly. grab some from the kid's section if you need a cheaper option!)
- Spray bottle
- Cardstock (for cutting stencils)
- Sewing machine (for stitchery), stapler, or other means of making patchwork paper (glue, thread, etc!)
We'll also be doing a bit of bookbinding. These are the basic supplies you should have on-hand:
- Bookbinding thread (you can also find this in the jewelry section of a craft store)
- Bone folder (or use the handle of your scissors!)
- Vintage/hardcover book
Q: What will you be covering in this class?
Here's what we're going to do in class:
- Learn my methods and techniques for gel printing
- Make hand-made stencils from recycled materials
- Play with print & pattern
- Stitch papers together for patchwork art
- Create signatures
- Learn bookbinding & use vintage books
This class will be run over on my Ning network, The Studio @ Journal Girl. You will need an account there to take this class . I will be sending out the invites a week before class is scheduled to begin .
And lastly: how much will this class cost?
Gelli Print Junk Journal will cost $80. And there are 5 spots left in at the Early-Bird price of $45. When those spots are filled, it will go up to the full price, so grab one now!
If you have any more questions, leave them in the comments below! This class promises to be a ton of fun -- my students in Art Journal Summer Camp had a blast and quickly filled up the forums with hundreds of replies, comments, & connection. They even organized their own swap! So this one, I know, will be even more fun than that! :)