Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
I have found a song that’s five minutes long and use that as a timer (as I love writing to music!). Do I get to finish my sentence at the end, teacher?
Here’s what you need to know:
- You made a mistake and paid for it. While you soon learned to look at it as kismet, the truth is, you messed up. Learn from it, but don’t let it continue to get you down.
- Pay more attention to your bills, especially your COBRA payments. This is another lesson learned.
- Your loved one continued to have problems. Everyone did. You ran away but became the bigger person and forgave even when you were still angry. Remember this!
- You gained confidence in yourself, taught classes, networked, met great people.
- Your dream DID come true! You moved across the country after a year of “planning.” The road trip was fantastic, especially driving down the highway with the windows down, singing along to music with your mother in the passenger seat.
- Things can - and often do - get better.
- Your art has taken a turn. This is okay. You were scared when it first happened, but trust me - it’s all for the best. It’s amazing and deep and easier. Please trust me on this.
- Meg, Jun, Amber, Jessie, Roben, Dawn, Connie, Dina, Kyle, J, N, the three boys at game night, Kenji, & the Mitsuwa meetup group. They all showed you great times and friendship.
- You can do this.
- Live in the moment. You re-found your faith during this year, and must remember to keep it close to your heart, especially when things go good OR bad. It is your guide, along with the Divine.
- I love you.
That’s it. From me to me, Memento-style (minus the countless tattoos).