I carry it all in one of Papaya!’s lux totes that I was gifted a few years ago when I entered a competition they hosted -- it’s perfect for carrying all my supplies, looks gorgeous, and is made out of oilcloth so it won’t get ruined if something leaks!
Here’s what I had inside:
1. Current issue of W Magazine. I grabbed this last-minute in the grocery store last week because the cover was gorgeous and the inside full of collage fodder. Imagine my surprise when I found out you can get a year’s worth for $10!
2. My take-along case.
3. My little pouch of washi-tape & tombow adhesive.
4. Light modeling paste.
6. My current journal + my new journal (as my current one is almost full!)
7. Fabre-Castell gel sticks
8. A hodgepodge set of Nupastels by Prismacolor. I adore these!
9. Chipboard alphabets (This is my new favorite thing that I’ll be posting about in this week’s Journaling Deep)
10. Painted papers for collage work and a few printed papers.
I also usually throw in a bunch of paint before I run out the door -- maybe 5 or 10 colors, but no more than that. Part of the fun is seeing what you can create away from everything you own. How can you stretch yourself?
Plus, Becca and I (and Meg, who’s joined us a few times!) usually share supplies, so this isn’t all I used on Saturday! Hopefully, though, this has given you an idea of what to pack for your own public art journaling day!